Friday, March 18, 2011

Puerto Princesa, Palawan: Honda Bay Tour

Day 2: Honda Bay Tour


It was my second day in Puerto Princesa, Palawan. Touring Honda Bay was actually an accident. My Plan A was to go to El Nido, Palawan, but because my time in Palawan is very limited, I had to make the most out of it.


The bus going to El Nido is only available in the morning, and the trip will take up to six (6) hours. Meaning, I will spend my day on traveling and not on tour so I opted to go to Honda Bay.


07:00 AM - Wake up time. My phone alarmed. Because I still feel sleepy, I turned it off and return to sleep.


08:00 AM - RC my friend called to wake me up. I knew she will that is why I slept after I turned off the alarm. I checked my phone for a text message and a missed call. I was afraid I overslept and missed the tour. good thing there was none. So I slept again.


)9:00 AM - I woke up in panic, I thought I missed the tour but there still no text message or missed call. So I started preparing for the tour. While packing the things I needed, somebody knocked on the door informing me that the tour guide was waiting outside. I rushed through the van waiting for me outside. I was not able to bathe, good thing I still had time to brush my teeth. And I missed my breakfast. Huhuhu. I was really hungry that time.


Inside the van, there were Jay and Kaye (the couple I'm with yesterday) and another couple. So I went directly at the back seat of the van.


On our way to Honda Bay, we stopped twice to pick up the food and another couple. (I felt alone at that moment. I don't know why.)


10:00 AM - We arrived at the Honda Bay Port. We rented a Snorkeling Gear, bought bread for the fish feeding and water.


I ate some of the bread I bought 'coz I was getting really hungry. I'm sure the fish wouldn't mind.


10:15 AM - The tour started. We rode a bangka, the sea was calm compared to the sea going to the Underground River. It was a comfy ride.


10:40 AM - The first stop, Pambato West Coral Reef. This was not part of the tour package, snorkeling in this area cost 50php.




The reef was about 40 feet and all the corals there are alive. The view under the sea was great although there were only few fishes in the sea.
We snorkeled here for about 20 minutes, not all of us went to snorkeling, there's only three of us. We were kind of in a rush here.


11:40 AM - Our next stop was the Starfish Island. Unfortunately, there were no tourist allowed on that day. Not sure for their reason.




12:00 NN - We reached the Snake Island. Photo Ops right away. Weeee..









12:25 PM - We ate our sumptuous lunch. BURRRRRPPP!!!








01:20 PM - Snorkeling time. Fish feeding at the same time. It feels like I'm inside a big aquarium. The view under the sea was terrific. It is better here than the Pambato Reef. Just beware of the biting fish. Hehe.












02:30 PM - Next destination was the Pandan Island. this was called Pandan island because of the abundance of the Pandan Tree.











04:05 PM - The tour ended. Sadly, but its true. On our way back to the city, I'm still unsure of what to do for tomorrow. I have an option to join the other as they will be doing the City Tour or I can go alone to do a Dos Palmas Day Tour. Because I still have two days left, I chose Dos Palmas. I'll be doing my City Tour on my last day.

05:00 PM - We stopped by to the Dos Palmas office to pay for the tour. I don't have enough money on my wallet, good thing my tour guide lend me. Thanks to him I was able to go to Dos Palmas.

07:00 PM - Call time for dinner. I have a dinner date with Jay and Kaye at Kinabuchs. After dinner we were supposed to have some beer. But due to my 7:00 AM Dos Palmas call time for the next day, we skipped it.


 09:00 PM - As I walked again towards my hotel, I bumped into my Elementary and High School classmate Nenita. It was unexpected, I didn't even know that she lives there. To catch things up with her (and to have some company), she invited me to go over her place.


After watching Mara Clara, I asked her out on a coffee. (She's already married.)






12:00 MN - I went home it ended my second day in Palawan.


EXPENSES: 
Pambato Reef - 50
Honda Bay Tour - 1000
Snorkel Gear - 100
Bread (Fish feeding) - 15
Dinner - 260
Coffee (for three) - 220

Contact: Same as yesterday's tour

2 comments: