Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Puerto Princesa, Palawan: Dos Palmas Day Tour


Day 3: Dos Palmas Day Tour

I first did not opt to include this tour in my Palawan getaway as i consider it a bit pricey. But then I have 1 free day so I decided to do it anyway. I'm sure this place is nice so why not see it.

To take this tour, here are some helpful info:
1. Book the tour at least a day before. If you're in Puerto Princesa, their office is located just outside the NCCC Mall.
2. Day Tour costs 1800php each. 
3. Be in the pick up area on time, the bus leaves at exactly 7:00AM. Pick up area is just in front of their office.
4. Bring your own towel. Renting a towel costs 50php.
5. Use of the pool is not included in the tour.
6. The place is really great. Enjoy it while you're there.. :)

Now to my experience...

06:00 AM - Wake up call. Waking up early is so not my thing, so I had to setup both alarms in my 2 phones. Wahehe. 

06:50 AM - Reached the pick up point. It's just a 5 minute tricycle ride from my hotel.

07:00 AM - Bus left. Got me time to ZzzZzzZzz..

08:00 AM - We reached Honda Bay drop off point. Here we transfer to a boat that will take us to Dos Palmas.  

Travel time to Dos Palmas Island was about an hour and a half. Because sleeping is my favorite game, I played it and again I won. Hehehehe

09:30 AM - Dos Palmas Beach Resort. Finally.


We were greeted with a group of singing Dos Palmas staff. I'm not familiar with the song but the beat is really welcoming. 

We had our welcome drinks inside the restaurant, while we were oriented with what the tour inclusions are.

Then.. Time for my tour and of course, some photo shoot. :)









Did kayaking after. Got no shots though. 

Then i did snorkeling.. 








01:00 PM - My most awaited, the lunch buffet. The kayaking and snorkeling got me starving, so a hefty lunch would be very helpful for me.  

I heard about the stories of good food in here. They said it makes the money you pay for the tour all worth it. Well guys, I couldn't agree more. The food was great.





After lunch, I toured the rest of the area. Time for another round of photo shoot. :)











04:00 PM - Tour ends. Travel back to Puerto Princesa.

Took some rest while waiting for dinner time. Got me a 9:00 PM reservation at Ka Lui. It is my last night in Puerto Princesa, Palawan. I don't want to be alone in my last night so I invited my High School friend over to dinner.

08:30 PM - We arrived at Ka Lui Restaurant. I was amazed with how clean the place was. Guests are required to remove their slippers / shoes upon entering the dining area. The ambiance was great, and the food was great too. there's free fruits for dessert!

 







After dinner I went back to my hotel to take my much needed rest. And tomorrow will be my City Tour day before I head back to Manila.


Expenses:
Dos Palmas Tour: 1800.00 php
Dinner for 2: 400.00 php

9 comments:

  1. astig sir! ganda tlga sa dos palmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. il be in palawan this coming sept.im still in doubts of trying dos palmas but cz of ur blog. i might include it in my itinerary. thanks ! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. would you prefer dos palmas day tour over honda bay island hopping?

    ReplyDelete
  4. For couple or family, Dos Palmas. For friends, Honda Bay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was debating to get Honda bay vs Dos Palmas tours. Your blog is very compelling.
    Im taking Dos Palmas :) Aloha CJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. and ka lui resto as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,

    This is very informative. Can I ask for help. Actually, my gf and I will be going at puerto princesa this january 2015. And I am torn between dos palmas and honda bay island hopping. Which one would you suggest especially that we are just a couple and its our first time at puerto princesa?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. we are also booked in dos palmas this january 2015... how is the weather there?

    ReplyDelete